Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Reversible bag

Ever find patterns that you want to make, only to set them aside and not actually use them? Me too! :) I've found a few sewing patterns online that I've been wanting to try, but I never have the right kind of fabric or a big block of time to work on them, so into my pattern file they go, where they may or may not be seen again.

Then a few weeks ago I saw that a friend had made herself a purse and it was super cute! I was inspired! I got home and looked for a pattern I had printed out for a small reversible purse. I still wasn't sure what kind of fabric I wanted, but I decided that I WAS going to sew a bag, even if I had to spend an hour at Joann's choosing a color for it (fortunately for Parker it didn't take that long). I looked through my own fabric first, but the only thing I had that would work was a huge chunk of black fabric. I have absolutely no idea where it came from...or even what type of fabric it is. I didn't buy it and I don't remember anyone giving it to me...But there are close to three yards of it so I figured I could mess up the pattern about eight times and still have enough for another purse. :) So off to Joann's I went, with Parker, of course, to find something for the lining. I saw a couple that would work and was trying to decide between them when I came across a blue/gray colored cotton with a black floral print. Perfect! I got a yard of that and came home.

The pics are a little dark, but here are the fabrics I used.


I used a pattern from a blog that I found a while ago while looking up purse/tote patterns. Here's the link: http://verypurpleperson.com/2010/04/reversible-bag-pattern.html

I forgot to take pictures while I was sewing, but here are some of the finished bag. It was really easy but it took a little time to sew as it had to be pressed, pinned and have darts sewn in. It was a fun little project and only took a few hours from start to finish.





For my first attempt, it turned out not bad! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment