Friday, July 8, 2011

Baby Gifts

I decided to set a goal of making one project per week, at least for the summer. I think I'll make a list later of some things I want to try making and then go through them one at a time. It'll include sewing projects, scrapbooking pages from vacations and Parker's baby book, and trying new recipes!
The first thing made was my reversible bag. I was using it this week and really like it--it's the perfect size!
This week my project was a baby gift. A friend Kyle went to school with is having a baby boy this Fall, so Kyle asked if I could make a few baby items as a gift for him. I love making baby stuff! (And I love that Kyle likes my sewing enough to want it for a gift!) :) Have I mentioned that I'm married to the most wonderful guy ever??
Anyway, I got out my little stash of flannel and we looked through the prints I had. I asked Kyle if he wanted to pick something out, since it was for his friend. He chose a light blue construction print and a green turtle print--both super cute. We decided that I'd make two burp cloths, a bib and a few peepee teepees out of each fabric.
Here is the finished set:


Now we just have to find a baby card and put it in the mail! I hope they like it!

1 comment: