Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Cinnamon Rolls

Today I made a batch of cinnamon rolls! Okay, so it's not a new recipe, but I've been meaning to make Kyle some for a while. My sister-in-law gave me the recipe, which is supposed to be a copycat of Cinnabon. I've tried making other kinds, but these are still Kyle's favorite, so they're the only ones I make now. :) Sometimes they turn out big and soft, other times not so much...hmmm...will have to figure out what I do differently each time. But today's looked okay, so I took a few pictures. :)

Getting the dough ready to roll. Notice the big bowl of cinnamon sugar, right next to the melted butter! I'm a big believer that desserts are not supposed to be healthy. :)

Spreading a nice thick layer of butter and brown sugar/cinnamon!


Then rolling up the dough and cutting it into 12 pieces



Waiting for them to bake! I don't actually like cinnamon rolls, but I LOVE the smell of them baking!

They're done--after adding a thick topping of cream cheese icing! Ready for dessert, Kyle? :)


2 comments:

  1. Mmmm...I think I could smell them just now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep meaning to tell you...those cinnamon rolls were delicious! We have one left and I think it will be gone before we go to bed tonight. Thank you for the wonderful treat!

    ReplyDelete