Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Elise is One

Our baby girl turned one year old last weekend! Hard to believe our little Elise has been a part of the family for a year already. I'm so thankful for her each day. Every time I go in to get her after a nap and see her standing in her bed with her little stuffed puppy and her fuzzy baby hair sticking straight out I just want to hug her and never let go! And I love how talkative she is, always babbling to us and sometimes even cracking herself up.  :)


We had planned a party for her last Saturday, but the birthday girl came down with a bad cold earlier in the week. Then she shared it with me and Parker. So to avoid spreading their little germs to all their friends, we postponed the party for a week. I was disappointed we didn't have it on her birthday, but I'd rather be safe than get everyone else sick. And at this age she doesn't know the difference anyway. We didn't do too much on the 9th. I decorated the kitchen a little, and made a batch of cupcakes so she could at least get a taste of birthday cake.  :) I wrapped up her quiet book, too, so she'd have a birthday present to open. 

Here are a few pictures of the day. More to come after her party this weekend!


Not sure what to think of the candle


Finally decided she liked it! 

How do I get this goodness in me??



Opening a present after dinner. She happily played with it until bedtime!



 Ready for bed in their new matching penguin jammies!


 Our birthday girl
then.....
and now! 




                                   

No comments:

Post a Comment