Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Elise's Birthday - Part 2

On November 16th we had Elise's birthday party! We had invited several families from church, most of whom had little ones Elise or Parker's age. A few of them weren't able to make it because we changed the date but we had a fun time with the ones that could be here! I changed the time from lunch to dinner but we had the same menu to keep it simple--a 'make your own sandwich' meal, along with fruit, veggies and chips.We had gone out earlier for pictures that day so I didn't know how much time I'd have to put together a hot meal in time, and I had already bought some sandwich toppings for the week before.
Since the kids aren't big on sandwiches, I cooked some chicken nuggets and fries for them.

I was hoping to get some pictures of the party, but I was too busy getting dinner out and then chatting with our friends that I didn't think about it! Oops. But we managed to get a couple of Elise opening presents and a few of our family and her cake. Elise did really well that day! I was expecting a meltdown part way through but thankfully she had taken a good nap in the afternoon and there was enough going on around her that it kept her occupied.

Just realized that the gift opening pictures are on Kyle's phone, so here are a couple that are accessible right now.  :)



Trying to keep with the bunny theme for party favors, I filled carrot shaped bags with small bunny graham crackers. Elise and her little friends got a carrot and a small wooden bunny-shaped puzzle (no picture, sorry), and the older kids got a carrot and a disney jigsaw puzzle.

Hard to believe Elise isn't a baby any more! She's now an active little girl, trying to walk everywhere, climb on everything and copy what everyone is doing!
I think we're in for some very busy days ahead.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment