Friday, June 21, 2013

Suncatchers



This was something I had picked up at Joann's a few months ago. They had a bin of clearance crafts for $1 and I found these when I dug through.

 They're tiny and looked easy enough for Parker to make so I picked up three--one each for Parker, me and Kyle. We never got around to making them at the time and they ended up stashed away in his arts/crafts bin.


I wanted to make something with him this week and I remembered we had these little suncatcher kits. Perfect to hang on our big sliding door!

I brought them out yesterday and told Parker we could paint them after Elise went to bed. Once she was tucked in, I sat Parker at the table and opened a couple of the kits. He and I started painting our stars and Kyle joined us a little later.




Parker did a great job painting his little star. He started out with yellow and orange paint, but after a few minutes of dipping his brush into both containers he only had orange. Kyle and I were finished in about 5 minutes, maybe less. Parker took a little longer. And by 'a little longer' I mean he took almost an hour. To paint a tiny 2-inch tall star. It often amazes me how a toddler can drag something out sooooo long. I finally had to set a timer so he would be done by bedtime!


I think his meticulous painting paid off -- so cute!



I left them overnight to dry and they were ready to hang the next morning. Not sure how to hang string on a window but masking tape seemed to work. For now, anyway.








Aren't they pretty?  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment