Saturday, September 8, 2012

Purse

I had my sewing class on Thursday and the project was a purse/tote bag. I went fabric shopping the week before and almost picked out brown corduroy and coordinating cotton for the lining. Then I put it back, thinking that almost all of my bags are black or brown. Not that that's bad since they're all different, but I thought I should try something else and use fabric that was a little more bright. So I picked this...



I'm not sure what I think of it now that it's done! I wanted something bold, but the bag turned out bigger than I thought so it really stands out. Guess it's fun for those days I'm wearing mostly black or grey. It'll add a little color.  :)
And I do like that it can hold a lot. I went next door to a birthday party today with Parker and my new bag easily held his diapers, wipes, changing pad, extra pants and his water cup, as well as a few things of my own. If I decide not to use it for a purse, it would make a fun diaper bag for baby!


The pattern is called "Grommet-Go-Around" and it's an easy bag to make. A few of the steps were a little confusing so thankfully our instructor showed us some shortcuts when making it. I'm thinking I might tweak the pattern to make it a little smaller and try again...but maybe with a more subtle fabric.  :)




No comments:

Post a Comment