Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Baking Basket

Our niece had her 11th birthday party last weekend. We decided kind of late that we would go and I went out the night before and picked up a gift. I knew what I wanted to get, I just hoped it would still be available. A couple weeks earlier I was walking around Joann's and I saw a book called "Almost Too Cute to Eat." It's a book that shows how to make cute little snacks--cookies, cupcakes and other sweets--the perfect gift for a girl who likes baking. I had only seen one copy though, so I was happy to see that it was still there. Along with the book I got a couple packages of candy melts, lollipop sticks, cupcake papers and big colored sprinkles--some of the supplies called for in the recipes. And I wasn't sure how to wrap everything so I bought a small basket, too.

Now to put it all together! Here are all the supplies I used:


I didn't measure anything in the store. Fortunately, the basket was just big enough to hold everything. It was a little tight, but I think gift baskets look better when they're full--makes it look like there is more in it. I already had a cellophane bag at home so I dug that out and some matching blue ribbon. The bag was a little wider than the basket though so once it was tied I taped the bottom corners of the bag toward the back so it wouldn't stick out. I also trimmed a few inches off the top of the bag so it wasn't overly tall. I think it worked pretty well! Here it is when finished...



It was the first gift opened by the birthday girl and she seemed pretty excited. Hopefully she has fun making all the cute little sweets!






No comments:

Post a Comment