Sunday, October 9, 2011

Parker?

Recognize this baby?

Hard to believe this was Parker last October! It's amazing how fast time goes by...and how easy it is to forget things so quickly. Was he really that tiny? What did we do before Parker came along? Although this year has sped by, it's been incredibly fun and we've made so many sweet memories with our little boy! He will be a year old tomorrow, October 10, and we thank the Lord every day for our little blessing. I don't think a day has gone by in which Parker hasn't made me smile (or in many cases, laugh out loud!).
A couple days ago I was sitting on the floor playing with him when he came over and reached toward my face. Usually when he does that he's trying to touch my glasses, which he's not allowed to play with. But I waited to see what he would do. Rather than go for my glasses, he put both hands on my face and then leaned over and gave me a kiss! He's never done that before and it was the sweetest thing ever! Totally made my day! :)
Here's a picture of our little guy from a couple weeks ago. Isn't he handsome in his little suit?

I knew he couldn't stay tiny forever, but now that he's starting to get more independent, I'm already starting to miss snuggling with my baby! He started walking when he was 10 months old, but over the last several weeks he has really taken off--preferring to walk rather than crawl. But along with that, he doesn't like to be held as much. Now he will only sit on my lap for a few minutes at a time before he wants down to walk around and play.

But one of my favorite things is when Parker's playing and every so often he looks at me with a big grin. If I hold out my arms he comes over for a hug before running off again. Snuggling may be over, but I'll take hugs from my baby boy any day!! :)

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday, Parker! They grow up soo fast! Sniff. I love my big boy, but I totally miss my tiny little boy too! Fredrick doesn't want to snuggle anymore either. Boys.... :) Can't wait for Parker and Fredrick to meet someday!

    ReplyDelete