Thursday, July 8, 2010

Boppy Covers

We were told last night that the baby furniture we ordered is in! Yay! We weren't expecting it to come for at least a few more weeks, so we were surprised to get the call. Not sure yet what day we're picking it up, but pictures will come later! :)
First we have to finish cleaning out the room and decide whether we're painting, etc.

When we moved here in January, what started out as our spare room quickly became 'the room where we put all our random junk that doesn't belong anywhere else.' Unfortunately, that ended up being a lot of stuff! So once we found out we'd need it for baby, it forced us to start going through boxes we hadn't opened in a long time. I took a full carload over to Goodwill--they're probably STILL going through all the boxes. I bet we kept their mismatched mug aisle stocked for a week! The rest Kyle was somehow able to store in the garage. At least he SAID it went in the garage... although I noticed our trash bin looked a little more full than usual that week. :)

It feels great to get rid of junk, but the spare room won't be empty for long. With the crib, dresser, bookshelves and my sewing table, it'll be full again in no time! Only now, it'll be more organized--hopefully! I'm just thankful I can still have a place to work on my sewing and other hobbies.

And the pile of homemade baby items continues to grow. Good thing we will soon have a dresser to put it all in! My sister-in-law had a boppy pillow that I'm going to use, so I thought I'd make it a little newer by sewing covers for it. I found a pattern online at www.vanillajoy.com/how-to-boppy-cover.html. It seemed easy enough, so I bought some flannel and a zipper. And then I remembered the last time I tried to put a zipper in something. HA HAHA! But I wanted to try it again anyway.

I'll go ahead and save another paragraph worth of words here to say that I finally returned the zipper and tweaked the pattern a little so I could use buttons or snaps to close it. :) And it worked fine! Here's the finished product.

I only made one minor change....rather than having the two back pieces meet, I made them overlap a little so I could put snaps on to close it.

No comments:

Post a Comment