Thursday, July 1, 2010

Happy Canada Day!!

It's Canada Day! And, in typical fashion, we did absolutely nothing to celebrate. :) I was telling Kyle recently that when we were kids, our aunt and uncle, who lived a couple hours away, would come out to our farm every summer on July 1st. Our uncle would always bring a box of fireworks that he would set off in our yard--we'd get our own private fireworks show! We loved it! And of course it was never complete until we got out the sparklers at the end. :) Fun times!
Unfortunately for Kyle, I think marrying a Canadian kind of ruined his fun as far as celebrating Independence Day. Now we have two holidays, on separate days, so we don't really do much for either one. Maybe that'll change once we have kids--being dual citizens, they'll get to claim/celebrate both!

Speaking of baby, I tried out another new pattern today! I've been seeing nursing covers around that, although cute, can be expensive. So I used a pattern a friend had posted, similar to a 'bebe au lait' style, to try making one. The directions were super easy! The only thing I didn't like about it was that the corners didn't line up exactly...thank goodness they don't show up in the pictures! There's probably a better way to sew them, but I wasn't feeling creative enough to pick it apart and re-do it. :)



I think the total cost was just over $5, which is a lot cheaper than buying one. And since it's homemade, mine will be one of a kind! :)



The pattern is from: http://sometimescrafter.blogspot.com/2008/02/sometimes-crafter-tutorials.html

3 comments:

  1. Pretty nursing cover, Serene! Now I know why you haven't been on facebook, you're too busy sewing and looking up coupons. :-) Now you need to post some pregnant pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Grace! Sewing all the baby stuff has been fun! Are you making anything for Little Smith? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've made a few things so far. I posted pictures on my blog. I'm working on a bassinet cover right now, but it's slow going because all me sewing stuff is at another house so I have to drive over there in order to sew. I will post pictures of it when I finish.

    ReplyDelete