Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Favorite Things

I think I have a new addiction--it's called Pinterest! I kept hearing people talking about ideas, recipes, patterns, etc. that they found on Pinterest, so I finally decided I had to check it out. I signed up and after only a few short weeks, I'm hooked! I already have some ideas pinned that I can't wait to try. And because I see what my friends have pinned every time I log in, there's always a new page of creative ideas to look at! So fun!!
Anyway, I was looking up a few recipes on Pinterest one day and I came across one for cilantro-lime rice, like the kind Chipotle restaurants serve in their burritos. I had to try it! Chipotle is one of our favorite places at the moment, so if this was anything like their version, I'd love to make it at home. The recipe came from a blog: http://www.skinnytaste.com/2009/03/chipotle-cilantro-lime-rice-4-pts.html

It's really easy to make and it turned out better than I thought! It had a nice light flavor and was even a little sticky, just like the real thing. :)

I couldn't remember what all they put in the burritos, so I bought a bottle of marinade and used that to cook some chopped chicken.




I got the biggest tortillas I could find and filled them with the cilantro-lime rice, chicken, pinto beans and cheese.





We had salsa on the side, but I think they needed a little salsa or something (?) inside, as they were a tad dry. Good flavor, though. I think the rice would be good enough on it's own, too, as a side dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment