Monday, February 6, 2012

First Haircut

We're realizing that Parker is looking (and becoming) more and more like a little boy and less like the sweet little baby he was last year. And I think his new haircut is contributing to that. We LOVED his blonde baby curls, but they were getting a little long and wispy. Cute, yes, but a little long. Poor kid--he (or I) was constantly trying to brush strands of hair out of his eyes.

We had wanted to cut it sooner but every weekend we tried, something would come up and thwart our plans! So after having to put it off for a couple months, we finally made it out last weekend to get Parker's first haircut! I didn't want to do it myself for fear that he would squirm around and I'd do a bad job or, worse, that I'd hurt him. So I found a local salon that cut kids' hair and made an appointment. It was a pretty cute place! Parker was buckled into a little john deere tractor and he quietly sat and watched tv while the hairdresser cut. From the time we walked in until we left was only about 10 minutes!

Here are a couple pictures I had taken of him that morning...




....watching Dora on tv while getting a trim.




And here are a couple pictures after... much better!



It's amazing how different he looks after just one haircut! We were a little sad to see the curls go, but it was definitely time! And they're not actually gone--turns out that if it's the child's first haircut, the hairdresser gives you a tiny bag with locks of your baby's hair and a certificate showing the date of their first cut! So I can now put a few of those sweet little curls into his baby book. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment