Wednesday, February 29, 2012

A Book for Parker

I was on Walmart's website recently and I came across a kit to make a cute little fabric book. So I bought one. :)
Parker does okay with his board books, but he still bends them occasionally or tries to pull them apart so I'm thinking he's not too old yet for fabric ones. And these kind are super easy to put together! It comes as a panel of fabric with the directions printed right on it. All I had to do was cut out the six 'page' pieces, pin them right-sides together along with a piece of batting (which was included), and sew around them. Then they are turned right-side-out, stacked in the right order, and I sew a seam down the middle to bind them all together. Done!


Although,... I made a few slight changes. The batting was really thin so I doubled it for the pages, to make them thick enough that they're not see-through. But that meant I didn't have enough batting for the cover, so I cut out some white fleece for lining and it worked just as well! And, finally, before I put the book together I topstiched around all the pages to hold their shape. That way if the book gets washed later it won't bunch up as bad. That's it! Easiest sewing project ever. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment