Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Bunny Slippers

I keep wishing Easter would be earlier this year. I made something for Elise and I can't decide if I should keep it for an Easter gift or just give it to her now. In keeping with the holiday theme, I made her bunny slippers! Aren't they the cutest? :)


The pattern was from etsy. I actually made her a pair of these a few months ago but, even though I made her correct size, they barely fit. And the back of the heels were too short--the slippers kept sliding off her feet.

Well, I finally made a couple slight adjustments and they seem to fit much better. I made a bigger size, added a tiny bit of width to the back seam and then put elastic through the heel as well so they would 'hug' her feet and stay on. And it worked! Another difference in this pair is the lining. The pattern calls for two layers of fur, which gets a little hard to sew. I opted to line the inside of these ones with the same flannel I used on the ears--much easier to manage!

I actually made two pairs this time. One is for Elise and the other is a gift for her little friend (hope you aren't reading this, Ashleigh!)  ;)  Even better, we found these plastic Easter egg cases at Dollar Tree last week and they're the perfect size for the slippers!


I picked up a couple more of these egg cases as well as some smaller plastic ones to fill for Parker and Elise. Parker had fun hunting for eggs last year so we're going to do it again for both kids. I'm not a fan of giving candy to toddlers though, so I'm trying to come up with ideas for other fillers.... maybe stickers? tattoos? fruit snacks?
Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated!  :)









No comments:

Post a Comment