Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Craft Kits

I stopped at Dollar Tree last week to pick up a couple things and I found some great little craft kits! They're super easy to put together but for Parker's age and attention span they're perfect. One kit was paper plate animals and the other was foam dinosaur magnets. Each kit made three animals.

We did the paper plate ones first. We didn't have any glue here so I tried double-stick tape and it worked great (and was mess free!). All Parker had to do was attach the eyes, ears and nose to the already prepared plate. It only took about 10 minutes to put all of them together. Pretty cute, right?  :)

He made a mouse, too.





And he said I could make the cat!
He was so excited about them and showed Kyle later that evening. Parker politely told me that I did a very good job on the cat. And that he did a very good job on his, as well.  :)




We were going to make the dinosaur magnets yesterday but I forgot we were out of glue...not sure tape would work so well with foam. I had to go to Target today anyway, so I picked up a bottle of glue and as soon as Elise went down for her nap we got out our supplies. He chose to make the green and yellow ones and said I could make the blue one. I left off the magnets, though. If he stuck them on the fridge I would be worried about Elise grabbing and eating them, so I'll just hang them up on the wall with his other projects.


 I put small dabs of glue on the pieces and let him attach them. I left the package out so he could see how the dinosaurs were supposed to look. I think his turned out cuter, though!






I love making art projects with him! Kits like this make it so easy--all the pieces are included, it only takes a few minutes to put together, and it only cost a dollar to make all three! My favorite thing, though, is seeing how proud he is of what he makes. I've been hanging his artwork on our kitchen wall so he can see it and show Kyle after work.






No comments:

Post a Comment