Friday, August 17, 2012

Sewing Tote

My August sewing class was a fun little project--a sewing tote! When I go to class, I usually just drop all my sewing accessories into a bag and dig them out once I get there. So this will come in handy.


The outside is denim so it's very plain. It's supposed to have a large button on the front to close it but, due to some rearranging, I can't find my buttons so l'll have to put it on later. :)  

The inside is lined with blue flowered cotton. There's a pocket for scissors with a flap to keep them from falling out, elastic to hold various sizes of spools of thread and a large zippered pocket for smaller items like bobbins, pins, marking pens, etc. I almost wish I had made it a little wider so I could put two scissor pockets, but this will be fine for now. I'm just excited to finally have a place for all my little accessories! It'll make it so much easier finding things.



In between my classes I have a list of stuff I want to make this Fall but I don't know if I'll get time to do it all! I thought I'd start by doing a little sewing for our baby this week. I made two swaddle blankets and a stack of burp cloths.


I use thick 6-ply cloth diapers for burp cloths. They're a good size and super absorbent. Then all I do is sew a strip of flannel down the middle to make them cute.  :)




Still have a lot I want to make for her... bibs, shoes, hair clips/bows, etc. A girl can never have too many accessories, right? Fortunately I still have a few months to work on those! 




No comments:

Post a Comment