Friday, June 1, 2012

Baked Zucchini

Thanks to all the meals in our freezer, I didn't have to make dinner tonight! I had thawed out a lasagne, so all I had to do was put it in the oven and sit and wait.  :)
Since I had plenty of time, I decided to make a batch of biscuits to go with dinner. Once those were done I got out a zucchini to cook as another side. I've chopped it up for spaghetti sauce or steamed it along with other veggies but I don't usually cook it plain....I wasn't sure what to do with it. Seemed like a good time to experiment!

I got out a few simple ingredients and began. Here's what I used...




1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
1-1/4 tsp. ranch dressing mix
1/2 cup milk
1 small zucchini




Stir together the bread crumbs and ranch mix;
set aside. Cut the zucchini into 1/4" slices.





Dip the slices into the milk, then into the bread crumbs, giving each piece a light coating.










Place onto a cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes, turning halfway through, until the breading is lightly browned. Done!


Parker doesn't always like plain vegetables, but he tried one of these and then proceeded to eat about half of the plate! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment