Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Christmas Sale!

Oops--didn't realize it had been a month since my last post! :) I've spent some time over the last few weeks sewing baby accessories! My sister-in-law went to a craft bazaar last week and had asked if I'd like to take anything to sell along with some cute little baby hats and headbands she had made. I couldn't actually go to the sale because it was a weekday (and she lives in Sacramento), so I gave her a box of stuff to take and sell for me. I made burp cloths, bibs, pee pee teepees, shoes, and coloring wallets (a small fold out mat that holds crayons and a notepad). She called after the sale and told me I sold a few things, so I'm happy for some extra Christmas money! :) And now I can use the rest of what I made for baby gifts or sell it online.
There was a Christmas craft fair here, too, last week. I didn't go to sell anything, but I went with a friend to look around. I love looking around at craft sales--it's a great place to get ideas for making gifts!
I was only planning to look, but I ended up buying a fabric book for Parker, and a necklace pendant. I kind of hate that I bought a fabric book, which is something I could easily have made but I haven't seen the fabric panels for it in stores. We like to read the story of Jesus' birth every Christmas, however, Parker has a hard time sitting still while we read from the Bible. So I thought it would be nice to get a book that has colorful pictures along with the story. And the best part is that because it's all fabric, he can grab it, bend it, chew it, etc., and he won't damage it. :) AND it's totally washable! Yes, it's the small things that make a mother happy! It is pretty cute, though...

No comments:

Post a Comment