Saturday, August 13, 2011

Gifts from My Boys

Well, it seems I have already broken my do-something-new-every-week streak! I was planning to try a recipe yesterday but I didn't have the right ingredients, so it'll have to wait. Maybe I'll do something extra next week to make up for it! :)
Since I wasn't able to bake what I wanted yesterday, I decided to take Parker and go to the mall for a while...and to see what's on sale! I went in a few stores but didn't really see anything I liked. Okay, I did see a few things I liked, but they were new arrivals and I wasn't about to pay full price. I went to Gap, hoping to find something on which I could use the remainder of a giftcard. Didn't see much in the baby section so I went to the womens' floor. I found a pair of jeans on sale for about $19. Not my favorite pair ever, but I need jeans and for Gap that's a pretty good price. So I took them to the check-out and they rang up for $14! And once I used my little giftcard, I ended up paying $7 total. Yay! Parker didn't seem as excited about that as I was. :)

On a totally unrelated note, I have a couple pictures I've been meaning to post! Our anniversary was a couple weeks ago, on July 25th. Hard to believe we've been married 8 years already! The 25th was a Monday, but I was spoiled that whole weekend... on Saturday he gave me a really pretty crystal vase (shown in the first picture), and on Sunday he and Parker got me flowers! Kyle picked the white ones from outside, and Parker got me the bouquet of wildflowers! Aren't they pretty? And they smelled wonderful.


On Monday we had made reservations to go for dinner while our neighbors watched Parker. Unfortunately, he decided he wasn't going to nap at all that afternoon so by 5:00pm he was as grumpy as could be! We didn't think our neighbors would appreciate that, so we ended up re-scheduling our reservation for the next night instead. Even though we didn't go out on Monday, Kyle still had a gift for me--a saphire ring! I couldn't get a good picture of it, but it's beautiful!

We finally made it out for dinner on Tuesday evening. I had looked up local Italian restaurants and Fontana's had a pretty good rating so we ate there--it was very good! We will definitely go back.
So, once again, I've been thoroughly spoiled! I'm thankful for such a great husband! I couldn't be happier, and I look forward to seeing what this year holds for us!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Anniversary! It's so nice to be spoiled by our husbands, isn't it? :) Beautiful ring!

    ReplyDelete